- PUBLIC HEALTH ADVISORY: On Monday, November 23, DHD#10 issued a new Public Health Advisory. This advisory will remain in effect until lifted and replaces all previously issued Public Health Advisories. Persons with questions or concerns are welcome to submit their comments via email to COVID19@michigan.gov.
- EMERGENCY ORDER UPDATES & EXTENSION: On January 13, an update was made to the Gatherings and Face Mask order. This order takes effect on January 16, 2021, at 12:01 AM, at which time the December 18, 2020, order entitled Gatherings and Face Mask Order is rescinded. This order remains in effect through January 31, 2021, at 11:59 PM. Persons with suggestions and concerns are invited to submit their comments via email to COVID19@michigan.gov. Learn more by reading FAQs on the new Gatherings and Face Mask Order.
- MDHHS Public Health Orders – Michigan law imposes on the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) a duty to continually and diligently endeavor to “prevent disease, prolong life, and promote public health,” and gives the Department “general supervision of the interests of health and life of people of this state.” MCL 333.2221. MDHHS may “[e]xercise authority and promulgate rules to safeguard properly the public health; to prevent the spread of diseases and the existence of sources of contamination; and to implement and carry out the powers and duties vested by law in the department.” MCL 333.2226(d).
MDHHS has a Test Finder on their website to help you locate places throughout Michigan where you can get a free COVID-19 test. You can also contact your medical provider or call the hotline for your hospital system:
- 888-535-6136 | MDHHS Patient COVID-19 Hotline
- 231-935-0951 | Munson Hotline
- 833-559-0659 | Spectrum Hotline
- 833-247-1258 | Mercy Health Michigan Hotline
- 616-685-2683 | Mercy Health Saint Mary’s-Grand Rapids Hotline
- 231-642-5292 | Northwest Michigan Health Services Testing Hotline
- www.kirtland.edu/covid | Kirtland Community College Testing Site, Grayling