Children’s Dental Health Month brings up the many things parents and caregivers need to know about caring for kid’s teeth. From accidents to preventing cavities, learn how to maintain a healthy smile.
Reduce your children’s risk of tooth decay:
- Limit between-meal snacks. If kids crave a snack, offer them nutritious foods.
- If your kids chew gum, make it sugarless – Chewing sugarless gum after eating can increase saliva flow and help wash out food and decay-producing acid.
- Monitor beverage consumption – Children should make healthy beverage choices such water and low-fat milk.
- Help your children develop good brushing and flossing habits.
- Schedule regular dental visits.
- Sugary foods and drinks should be consumed with meals. Saliva production increases during meals and helps neutralize acid production and rinse food particles from the mouth.
Need to learn more? Visit the following websites to get answers to all of your dental health concerns: