District Health Department #10 in conjunction with My Community Dental Centers (MCDC) and local dentists remind you and your family the importance of a healthy smile. My Community Dental Centers (MCDC) is dedicated to providing dental services to Medicaid enrollees and low-income, uninsured residents throughout the state of Michigan. MCDC provides dental services for both adults and children. From regular checkups and cleanings to oral surgeries, our network of offices provides full-service dental care.
Tips to remember for a healthy smile:
1. Choose water, when possible, to quench their thirst and avoid drinks with added sugar like soda and sweetened juices.
2. Schedule an introductory visit to the dentist after a child’s first tooth erupts or before their first birthday.
3. Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled brush. The size and shape of your brush should fit your mouth allowing you to reach all areas easily. Don’t forget to floss!
4. Replace your toothbrush every three or four months, or sooner if the bristles are frayed. A worn toothbrush won’t do a good job of cleaning your teeth.
5. Make sure to use an ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste.
6. Visit a dentist on a regular basis, every 6 months is often covered by insurance.