Open Enrollment 2023
The open enrollment window for the Health Insurance Marketplace runs from November 1, 2022 through January 15, 2023 for the 2023 coverage year. Those with current plans are encouraged to review plan details and costs to ensure that the existing plan is the best option.
Open enrollment is the only time to enroll in or change plans for 2023 unless you are eligible for a Special Enrollment Period at another time due to life circumstances such as birth, death, job loss etc.
All Marketplace plans cover essential health benefits. This includes opportunities of coverage for pre-existing medical conditions, doctors’ visits, hospital care, prescription drug coverage, pregnancy and childbirth, mental health services, preventative care, birth control coverage and more.
Certified Navigators are available at your local District Health Department #10 office to assist you in applying and enrolling in a plan. Please contact your nearest office to make an appointment at 888-217-3904. If you’d like to apply on your own, please visit Healthcare.gov.
- November 1, 2022: Open Enrollment starts — first day you can enroll in, re-enroll in, or change a 2023 health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace®. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2023.
- December 15, 2022: Last day to enroll in or change plans for coverage to start January 1, 2023.
- January 1, 2023: 2023 coverage starts for those who enroll in or change plans by December 15, 2022.
- January 15, 2023: Last day to enroll in or change a 2023 health plan. After this date, you can enroll in or change plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- February 1, 2023: 2023 coverage starts for those who enroll in or change plans December 16, 2022 through January 15, 2023.